24 Days to go! The beginning of the end is rapidly approaching! :)
As we draw nearer to the arrival date of our little one - the days are cooling & the level of activity for both baby & Mama are slowing down...well - for Mama anyway. Baby is still a mover & a shaker and as I mentioned last week, while the movements themselves might be a tad slower - the frequency hasn't really declined but the intensity grows by the day.
This kid is strong!
The room is done - the linens have been washed and the diapers have been stacked. This week was a relatively low key one for Steve and I which was nice. We didn't have any major social events and we were able to stick around the house & get some things done. We got the house cleaned and ran some errands and then Sunday we had our breastfeeding class - oh so very exciting! :) Following that we had a wonderful get together with our incredible neighbors for the 2nd Annual Greenhill Pumpkin Carving. We had some new additions and as always - great food & heavy competition! So fun!
What's LM up to this week? Still packin on the pounds! LM is now gaining about an ounce a day which puts his/her weight at right around 6 lbs. or equivalent to that of a crenshaw melon:
I will be honest - I have never heard of...though I will be looking for one at the grocery this week to get an idea. :) Length-wise LM should be around 18 & 1/2 inches long and by now most of the downy covering of hair that has been protecting the skin of our little one while he/she bakes has been shed. Come Friday - LM will be considered FULL TERM.
That's right - DING - the oven timer will sound. We are of course up to weekly visits with our doctor and as of last week LM was head down as he/she should be. All is looking well & right on track. Guess we should get that hospital bag packed - LM will be here soon enough!
Have a great week - Love to all!
Have a great week - Love to all!
Oh - and for all you Florida people who don't get to enjoy the beauty that is FALL :)
Here are a couple pics of some trees on my street...ahhhh - I love fall!




.jpg)
.jpg)
Holy cow guys! :) Time is flying!! Get ready for the most wonderful adventure of your lives!! I can't wait to see LM and I can't wait for you guys to be parents---as the mother of a 5 (almost 6) week old I can tell you that it's AMAZING!! hehe. Love to all three of you guys! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo (i'm soooo excited!! Can you tell!?!?)
ReplyDeleteWow! First of all I am soooooo envious of your neighborhood family. It makes my heart warm knowing you two have such great friends to share events like Halloween and such. The pics are beautiful and I, as you do, love Fall.
ReplyDeleteYou know, this next event in your life isn't just for you. It's special for me too. Every time I see Steve calling I think it's him saying you are on the way to the hospital.
Well I'm rambling. Just want you to know that I love you and in less than a month this miracle will be here for all of us to love and enjoy for the rest of our lives!.
Love you....all 3 of you!
Mom
Can't believe how fast the time has flown! I can't WAITY to hear the wonderful news of LM's arrival...I follow your blog every week, watching that tummy grow! Get some rest and take it easy Momma!
ReplyDelete