Monday, November 2, 2009

Week 37

18 days to go! We have officially entered the BIRTH MONTH of our little one. Steve came in Sunday morning and wished me a Happy November and I about fell out of bed! November! Already! I truly cannot believe we are here already and with only 18 more days to the due date. It has gone SO incredibly fast and honestly been such a joyful experience.
This past week while a slightly busy one was a very fun one. Steve got to dress up twice for Halloween. For his work event - his team decided to become Food Network characters - he chose Duff Goldman from Ace of Cakes...and made a cake to bring along. He looked great & had a lot of fun with it - here he is as Duff with his cake creation:
We also had our annual Greenhill Halloween party and had a fantastic time as usual! Everyone looked amazing and we all had a great time! Steve was Robert Downey Jr's character from Tropic Thunder - Kirk Lazarus...hysterical! And I was as creative as I could be and went as a Magic 8 Ball...Steve made my shirt & did an incredible job! We had a really great time!

Here are a few pics from the party:


And now onto what's going on with LM
37 weeks = FULL TERM BABY!
Yes, that's right! Should LM decide to come now the lungs should be fully mature and ready for the world! Weight should be around 6 & 1/3 lb & from head to heel LM should be measuring over 19 inches long!

That's about as tall as a stalk of Swiss Chard
Braxton Hicks contractions have been present for a couple weeks now I believe. I confirmed with the doctor last week that the sensations I've been feeling are indeed BH contractions. Although I am having those - LM has not dropped down quite yet so this week when we see our doc, if there's still no progress she will do a sonogram to see what's going on in there. :) LM is still quite active even with the limited space which just means that with each movement I FEEL it! Other than that things are pretty quiet in our house. We went to dinner and the movies this weekend. We wanted to take some time to just enjoy being with each other.

Soon enough our household of 2 will be a 3! We'll keep you posted on any progress...until then...

We hope you all enjoy the rest of your week! Love to all!

4 comments:

  1. My eyes are filled with tears of joy. The day is near and the next part of your lives is about to start. Love each other, take care of each other and your child will in turn do the same.
    This is just about your last blog of the first nine months leading to the rest of your lives and so let me be the first to congratulate you both on a wonderfull job well done. It's not the end but the beginning and I am so happy and proud to be a part of your family and love that you are a big part in mine....all 3 of you!
    I love you so very, very much Steve, Ally and ........... xoxoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Mom.
    What the heck is Swiss Chard??? Looks scary to me. Haha.
    Getting the suit case packed this week, getting the baby seats put in the cars and checked by the local Fire Dept, and getting as ready as we can. Sooooooooooooooooo excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go baby go!!!

    Yay! Ally and Steve- I'm sooo excited for you! The clock is ticking and i'm sure you guys are soooo ready for the little to arrive! Take care and can't wait to hear the good news when he or she arrives!!! :-)

    Love you both,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. These weeks may have gone by fast but hopefully you enjoyed every day of it. It is truly a blessing and it's just the beginning of the everyday excitement of new experiences: rolling over, crawling, talking, walking, etc. The constant feel of warmth in your hearts will be refreshed every day from here on out. I am so excited to see LM and let them know what wonder parents they have.

    ReplyDelete

Ally.Steve

Ally.Steve