Monday, November 9, 2009

Week 38

11 days to go & feeling pretty good still! :)
I have to admit I have definitely slowed down significantly in the last few days which is interesting. I have been experiencing more contractions (I think that's what I'm having) though still nothing consistent enough to put us into action. That being said Steve and I made a very impromptu decision to sneak away for a night - probably the last one for awhile! We skipped town with our friends & neighbors Kristin & Vanessa & headed up to Atlantic City for the night. While we didn't win millions we did enjoy our time away.
Steve and I are both pretty anxious about this weeks appointment. Last Thursday we had a sonogram which the doc wanted us to do in an effort to determine how big LM was. As of last Thursday LM was measuring with a weight of 6lbs 14oz! That being said - I'm not sure what that means as far as how my doctor will decide to proceed. We'll find out Wednesday! Here's the best pic the technician could get of LM:
Between the lack of space in there and the little one keeping his/her hands up around the face we couldn't get a great shot though the tech did make several attempts. Ahh well - we'll be seeing your beautiful face soon enough! So this week - what's going on? Little one is chunkin up! According to my weekly source of info - the LM should be weighing around 6.8lbs but we know he/she is weighing 6lbs14oz already! Crazy.
My source also claims that LM should be measuring over 19 & 1/2 inches long like a leek:
These veggie analogies are getting interesting. :)
As far as eye color we may not know for several months following birth though from what I've read if LM comes with brown eyes they will likely stay that color. My eyes are blue and Steve's are hazel/green (depending on his mood) so we'll see. Can't wait!
We are definitely playing the waiting game now. We still have yet to pack the bag for the hospital (I know, I know...) but since the "contractions" are being felt a little more we figure we might try to tackle that this evening. We'll know a little more Wednesday - hopefully - about when we might be able to expect our little one and we will certainly let you all know.
Pretty wild to know that within the next couple of weeks we will have our lives changed forever -pretty wild and pretty much the most wonderful thing we could ever hope for.
Love to all - have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Well maybe this will be the last pre-birth blog??
    I am so excited I could burst! This baby is loved so much already...especially by ME!!!
    xoxoxo
    Kisses to the bump
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo. I can't wait to look into my child's eyes! Possibly the next week's update may have a picture of the BABY! We'll see soon enough!! Lets get that bag packed! Oh and a name picked out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes.......a name is pretty important at this date and time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea,, I have hardly heard a peep out of you two with regard to the baby's name...but I am sure you'll decide, there are soo...many wonderful names:~)

    Sure love you guys...What An Exciting and Wonderful Time In Your Lives:~) Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sooooo excited for you guys!! I can't imagine the excitement you guys must be feeling! Yay!! I can't wait to hear the news - boy or girl...and the name! :-) Congratulations on this new era of your life :-) Cheers to new beginnings :-D

    ~Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cant wait to hear the wonderful news! You are both in my thoughts and prayers! HOW EXCITING!!!

    Love, Katie P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve and Ally, As I write this on 11/19 you are in labor and delivery of LM Grasshopper. Congratulations and best wishes for a lifetime of dreams come true for LM and you. God bless your family with good health and happiness.
    Love you, Great Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete

Ally.Steve

Ally.Steve