Tuesday, July 19, 2011

April - May - June

We've been busy! Surprise, surprise...
Looking back at the pictures from April it makes me long for the days of jeans & light jackets. Especially when the high for the next couple of days will be well into the triple digits. Ahh summertime. We will not complain a bit though since sooner than I'm sure we'd like we'll be back to the single digits and longing once again for the warmth of summertime.

Anyway - moving onward - let's recap.

April brought warmer temps to us and the arrival of the annual Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC. Steve's mom, aka "Nana" has been able to join us for the last several years for this festival and this year we were able to add Grandpa Maxwell & Jane to our entourage.
It was so much fun watching Gracie run around in front of the National Monument while remembering that just one year ago she was still hanging in her stroller. Her perspective has certainly changed and for that matter so has ours!
While they were with us, Grandpa & Jane very kindly decided that we should all enjoy some caviar. This was a first time experience for my entire family and while Steve and I thoroughly enjoyed it -
Gracie was a bit more apprehensive...
She did not wind up trying it but that was OK by everyone else...and I don't believe there was an egg left in the house.

With the increasing temperature, we have been able to do a lot more outside and we are all loving it. We got Gracie a little seat for the bike and we have since enjoyed many bike rides along the NCR trail here.

She really does enjoy it and falls asleep half the time...
Can't say that I blame her. If I wasn't pedaling my own wheels I would enjoy the snooze too!

Steve and I both have been running quite a bit lately. Once I got Steve to join me for the St. Patrick's Day 5k he's been on a roll ever since. He participated in the Muddy Buddy Race and had a really great time. We also both participated in the Spartan 5k in VA.
If you don't know anything about those races - check them out (www.spartanrace.com).
They are pretty intense but a heck of a lot of fun -especially when running with a partner/group of people. We really had a blast doing it and plan to participate in future races.

Along came Easter with beautiful weather and all that Easter fun.
Including of course - church, candy & egg decorating! Fun times had by all.

After Easter it was time for our Spring trip to New York and another fun visit with Grandpa Maxwell and Jane. We spent the weekend walking around New York and checking out some of the local hot spots - like the park!
We also made it to the Chelsea Market finally and if you have never been - go.
It is a fun place filled with lots to see and EAT. :)
We also made some time for the History Museum which included a really great Butterfly Exhibit.
Gracie was not a HUGE fan of the Butterfly's initially but once there for a bit she did warm up and ultimately we all enjoyed our time there.
She especially loved showing Dad where to go while in the museum even taking the time to consult her trusty map.

All in all another successful weekend in New York.

Great weather means outdoor fun which means = ZOO!
We all enjoyed the National Zoo and I think Gracie's favorite part was the Elephant Exhibit. It was pretty neat. I particularly enjoyed the Gorilla Exhibit - especially the babies which were awfully cute. If you haven't been - go check them out. They are lots of fun to watch.





We've been very busy getting outside and discovering our world. For Steve and I it's rediscovering some of the things we haven't done in many years - like going to the Zoo.
We hope you are all enjoying your summers! Stay cool!
Love to all!

1 comment:

Ally.Steve

Ally.Steve