Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Week 16

Hello Week 16!
This past weekend Steve and I stuck around the house in an effort to get some things done. Saturday we did spend out & about which was nice. Went to the movies which we hadn't done in awhile. We saw Angels & Demons which we both enjoyed and then had a nice lunch out. Very nice & relaxing day. Sunday Steve worked on the pocket door a bit more and made some good progress there. I'll post more pics on that later. Other than that we just relaxed and enjoyed being home. It was great. :) 16 weeks in and feeling honestly pretty good. Weather lately has me a little more tired than usual but all in all I seriously cannot complain! Here's this week's photo:


As for the little grasshopper, this week he/she is about 4 & 1/2 inches long and weighing in at around 3 & 1/2 ounces. That is equivalent to about the size of an avacado. The patterning of the scalp is beginning and he/she is growing toenails! The little one's heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood everyday which will only increase as we get closer to the big day. The legs are continuing to elongate and in the next few weeks the little one is supposed to double in weight & size! I'm not feeling any definitive movements yet...maybe over the next few weeks as the little one doubles in size I may be able to report some then. My doctor says I should definitely be feeling the little guy/gal before my next visit which will be the halfway (holy wow!) point at 20 weeks. I'm definitely looking forward to that!
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute little bump you have sweetie! This time next month you should really start to show big time....Can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i can't see the bump!!!! Hmmmm....I mean i know you're adorable already and it's obviously my computer because lydia commented on it, but grrr. :) I will try again later! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see the pic either. grrrr! (like Rachel, haha)

    ReplyDelete

Ally.Steve

Ally.Steve